Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kaboom

Okay, so posting everyday for the rest of November went to hell fast, now didn't it? Go figure.

It's only Wednesday, and it's been a hell of a week. My Uncle Paul is very ill, very very ill. The doctors won't commit to wether he will recover or not, and it's scary as hell. Everyone in the family is praying. My mom says we have most of the North American continent covered. I only hope it's enough. Losing him just two months after my Grandma Betty would be to cruel.

And now Brad has laid a huge bombshell on me. Work in Idaho is good, and looking to get better. If it does get as good as things indicate, Brad wants to talk about both of us moving there temporarily. Renting the house out to Sara and her boyfriend. My first reaction? No, I can't leave my home, my chickens, my sewing room, my job that I love. Second reaction? I miss my husband terribly. And he misses me. He was out of town when Mason died, when my Grandma Betty died, and now while Uncle Paul is so very sick. I would love to have his strong shoulder to physically lean on while I worry. That shoulder is always there whenever I need it, for whatever I need it for, but I certainly miss having his arms around me. And it works on him that he can't be here for me in person.

So, that's my dilemma for the day. I am so grateful that the problem is too much work, and not the opposite. But whichever way things end up going, it's going to be very difficult. Sigh.

1 comment:

Shannon Blood said...

Where in Idaho, m'dear? I am frequently over in the Tri-Cities visiting family, and you would LOVE my family.

I am sorry, Kat. This sounds like a really tough thing. Ouch.

Know that I love you!