Friday, December 25, 2009

All Will Be Well

Positive thinking is not making things easier, or better. Some days it's been a struggle to come up with one positive thing. I had a huge meltdown last weekend, and while I needed it, crying for two days is not fun people. My nose rivaled Rudolph.

But I am determined to keep my head down and get through this patch of life. I have a husband who would walk over glass, through volcanoes, whatever it takes to be with me. I feel the same about him. I have a healthy daughter who, while making some choices that leave me banging my head against the wall, is making her own way through life, and I am proud of her for that. I have a safe, warm home that I share with the aforementioned husband, and some critters who are good for some laughs, and if all else fails, very good for snuggling with when meltdowns occur.

I have food in the pantry, chocolate covered peanut butter balls in the freezer (sweet mercy, I love my mother-in-law), yarn and fabric in the sewing studio. Family and friends all over the country who love me. And I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that they all love me.

So I'm gritting my teeth, marching forward, looking for at least one positive thing a day. And my mantra for 2010 will be "All will be well, all will be well, all manner of things will be well." It's a lovely quote, and I have no idea who said it, but they are my positive thing for today.

If you are reading this? I love you. Just the way you are. Thanks for being part of my life. The good part!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Hang in there sis, I know how you feel, I think we got the last best men in the world- haha to all the rest of you poor women!! Things are going to be good this year-we will make it that way!! I love you too just the way YOU are. Thanks for always being there even when you don't really feel like it. Lunch soon? Love ya Shana