Friday, August 7, 2009

Eggs, I have Eggs!

Let's just ignore the fact that I haven't posted in I don't know how long, ok? Thanks!

Now on to matters of great import. My two darling Rhode Island Red hens have begun to bless me with lovely brown eggs. I had scrambled eggs for breakfast yesterday morning, and they were delicious! Now I just have to wait (patiently, which is not one of my finer points), for the 6 Buff Orpingtons, and the 5 Barred Rocks to lay. My egg days have begun people! Good news is, I have lots of friends and family who want eggs, because there is no way Brad and I are going to be able to keep up with 13 hens.

Yes, I did have roosters. They are now in the freezer. One attacked my poor wee hens, and the other decided to attack me. I made Brad do the evil deed, and the girls are none the wiser that I ordered the execution of their boyfriends. Let's just keep it that way, hmm?

Brad and I are alone in our house for the first time since 1987! Sara and her boyfriend moved into an apartment the first of July. I miss her, but I've wasted no time filling the closet in her old room with unfinshed quilt tops, and I'm measuring the room to get my own longarm quilting machine. That won't happen until next spring, but I'm so excited!!! At this time, I have over 20 quilt tops waiting to be quilted. Yikes!

Life has been busy, money is still nonexistant (what else is new!), and Brad and I are adjusting to things staying where we put them, and having milk in the fridge. Also, it's amazing how much longer the bathroom stays clean! Who'd have thought?

No comments: